The SiC insert is made with one of the best value dab surfaces out right now: silicon carbide. The rugged surface reduces cleaning and maintenance significantly. The difference between silicon carbide and silicone is that SiC functions a lot more like a metal than a ceramic. SiC is exceptionally strong, chemically inert, & will not crack or get de-vitrified like quartz sometimes does. The rugged surface resists residual build up and reduces maintenance significantly.
You’ll find it super easy to clean even without the use of any isopropyl alcohol. Occasionally you’ll just lightly heat some water directly in the dish (at about 350F degrees ) and then of course some casual q-tipping after each dab. If you don’t q-tip right away, it comes right off with a few drops of water in the insert!
Spec. & features:
• Dual Compatibility between The HALO & Quartz Bangers
• Superior flavor and efficiency compared to all surfaces other than AiN
• Thermal Conductivity of 120 W/mK, 80 times greater than fused Quartz
• Melting point of over 5,000°F
• Chemically Inert & Nontoxic
• Thermal shock resistant
• Made from USP Class VI Certified Medical Grade Material
• Extreme Wear Resistance & Physical Durability
• Easiest cleaning of any surface
• OD 15mm H: 11mm (V1) and 15mm (V2)
The Halo SiC Insert V1 and V2 are of a different height (V1 is 11mm and V2 is 15mm in height) fit with the Halo Atomizer V1 and V2 respectively. Please make sure you choose the right one when adding to the cart.
*The Halo SiC insert V2 is expected to be available in March
*The Halo Atomizer V1 are atomizers that come with the Halo unit except for the Halo of Black V2 and White V2 which are launched in Jan., 2022. Also including all atomizers replacement parts bought before Jan., 2022.
*The Halo Atomizer V2 are atomizers that come with the Halo of Black V2 and White V2 and atomizers available in our store since Jan., 2022.
• To get a good performance, you need to torch clean the SiC insert once first. Namely, heated with a open flame torch until there was no oil residue left on the surface. Thus, the SiC has been thermally shocked and the thermal resistence is then lowered.
• To use the SiC, we suggest to set temp to the highest setting then begin the warm up cycle and once the cycle alerts that its ready, lower the temperature to green to start dabbing.